Group leaders named to State Land committee
New Mexico Commissioner of Public Lands Ray Powell in May 2012 named Rio Grande Chapter leaders Norma McCallan and Ken Hughes to be part of a 12-member Conservation Advisory Committtee for the State Land Office.
“I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with this outstanding group of New Mexicans who have an interest in protecting the health of our trust lands and our communities,” said Commissioner of Public Lands Ray Powell. “They are knowledgeable and respected leaders who are passionate advocates for healthy and productive lands that foster economic viability and protect public health.”
The group will address issues such as access to state trust land, clean-up of lands in a responsible manner, and creating partnerships with other public and private land owners to ensure that livestock, wildlife, and plant habitat are sustainably managed.
Both McCallan and Hughes are members of the Northern Group.
Members are as follows:
• Norma McCallan, Santa Fe
• Ken Hughes, Santa Fe
• Nathan Newcomer, Albuquerque
• Carol Finley, Albuquerque
• Michael Casaus, Albuquerque
• Lisa Jennings, Albuquerque
• Steve Cary, Santa Fe
• Chris Catechis, Albuquerque
• Steve West, Carlsbad
• Ernie Atencio, Arroyo Seco
• Scott Wilber, Santa Fe
• Barbara Garrity, Albuquerque
- Big Victory: Minnesota's Landmark Clean Energy Standard Charts Course Beyond Dirty Energy
- An Open Letter to Energy Secretary Moniz on Natural Gas Exports
- Huge Victory in Oregon Builds Momentum Against Coal
- Tar Sands and Soda? Launching the Future Fleet Campaign
- Sierra Club & Solar Crowdfunding For the World's Poor
Join Our On-Line Community
Subscribe to the Rio Grande Chapter e-mail list. Get the most up to date information.
Use this link and help the Rio Grande Chapter earn 6% for our programs
Interactive Map - Coal Plants
Rio Grande Sierran
Click Here to download and read the most recent edition of our newsletter - The Rio Grande Sierran
Do We Have Your Email Address?
Make sure we have your email address. Please send it, along with your name, address and member number to: firstname.lastname@example.org